- 2 tablespoons instant or active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups puréed pumpkin, either fresh or canned
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
1) Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix and knead (by hand or using a mixer) until you get a smooth, soft dough.
2) Place the dough inside of a large bowl and let it rise for about 60 to 80 minutes or until doubled.
3) Carefully deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly oiled work surface, then divide it in half.
4) Shape each half into a loaf, and place in lightly greased loaf pans, or you can shape them into 24 to 32 rolls.
5) Cover the pan and let the loaves or rolls rise until almost doubled in size, for about 45 minutes. Toward the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
6) If you are making the loaf, bake it for 30 to 35 minutes, or until its crust is a deep golden brown. In case you are making them into rolls, bake them for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
7) Remove the bread from the oven and turn it out onto a rack to cool.