NO BAKE CHEESECAKE
For the base
- 4.4 oz Plain Biscuits
- 3 oz butter melted
For the filling
- 9 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tsp lemon rind finely grated
- 1 tbsp powdered gelatine
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- 1 and 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 9 oz strawberries sliced thinly
- 3 oz pack of strawberry jelly crystals
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
1) Line the base and sides of an 8" round springform tin with baking paper and set aside until needed.
2) Place the biscuits into a food processor and blitz until they resemble breadcrumbs.
3) Add the melted butter to the biscuit crumbs and mix to combine. Transfer the mixture to your prepared springform tin and press down with the back of a spoon to flatten the surface. Place into the fridge.
4) Place the ¼ cup of water and ¼ cup of lemon juice into a microwave safe bowl or jug and sprinkle the gelatine over the top. Cook for 1 minute and stir well until the gelatine has dissolved. Set aside to cool back to room temperature.
5) Place the softened cream cheese into the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on a medium speed until smooth and creamy.
6) Add the condensed milk, thickened cream and lemon rind and mix to combine.
7) While the mixer is on a low speed, slowly add the room temperature gelatine mixture to the mixing bowl and increase to a medium/high speed and mix for 1 minute to combine.
8) Transfer the cheesecake mixture to your prepared base and gently smooth the surface before decorating with sliced strawberries. Place into the fridge for one hour to chill.
9) In the meantime, combine the jelly crystals with 1 cup of boiling water and stir until dissolved. Add ½ cup of cold water and mix well. Set aside to cool.
10) Remove the chilled cheesecake from the fridge and carefully add the cooled jelly mixture over the top. Place back into the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours (preferably overnight) to set.