MINI ALMOND LOAVES
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup plus 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 tbsp. Plant Butter with Olive Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. orange zest plus 1/4 cup juice
1) Heat oven to 350F. Coat loaf pans with oil and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-in. overhang on the long sides; spray parchment.
2) In a small bowl, toss the almonds, 1 tsp oil and 1⁄4 cup sugar; set aside.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
4) Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs in a large bowl to combine. Add the remaining 3⁄4 cup sugar and beat until light and fluffy (it should more than double in volume), about 4 minutes. With the mixer on high, slowly pour in melted plant Butter with Olive Oil and remaining 1/2 cup oil. Reduce the mixer to low and mix in the orange zest and juice.
5) Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pans and sprinkle the almond-sugar mixture on top.
6) Bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.