Lasagna Roll-Ups Recipe
Lasagna is one of the ultimate Italian dishes to make and to eat. It doesn’t matter if you enjoy it in its classic version or if you prefer the modern twist, this lasagna roll-ups recipe is something you must try at least once in your lifetime. If you want to save some precious time and make an original presentation for lasagna roll-ups, keep reading to learn this ultra easy recipe.
Ingredients for Lasagna Roll-Ups
- Half a box of lasagna noodles (1 lb. box)
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 10 ounces of baby spinach, fresh
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of freshly grated Parmigiano Cheese, divided
- 2 cups of marinara sauce
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven at 350º. Take a large pot and add salt to the water, bring it to a boil and cook the lasagna noodles until they reach an al dente texture. Drain the pasta once it’s done.
- In a large skillet, turn over medium heat, pour some virgin olive oil to heat it. Add the onion and garlic and season these ingredients with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. Cook this mixture until the onions are soft and golden, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook everything until wilted. Squeeze in the lemon zest and stir the mix, then remove everything from the heat.
- In a large bowl, stir the ricotta cheese, the egg and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese until they’re all well combined. Season this mix with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take each lasagna noodle and spread them on a flat surface. Spread the ricotta mixture onto one side of each of the lasagna noodles, then place a topping of marinara and cooked spinach, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and roll up the noodle tightly.
- In a large, deep, baking dish, spoon a layer of marinara at the bottom of the dish. Slowly and carefully add the roll-ups vertically and spoon more sauce onto each roll-up as you add them one by one.
- Sprinkle even more Mozzarella cheese and Parmigiano cheese over each roll up and place in the oven.
- Bake the lasagna until it looks bubbly and the cheese becomes melted, this could take about 20 minutes. Keep checking the lasagna to avoid burning.
- Take the lasagna out of the oven and garnish with parsley before serving.
This lasagna roll-ups recipe will take about 15 minutes to prepare and a total of 20 to 30 minutes to bake, and it serves 6 great portions. With this recipe you’ll have the perfect dish to serve at a dinner party or for your family when you want to fix something quick and nice-looking. Do you know any variations for this recipe? Do you add different ingredients to it? Let us know!