FRENCH TOAST (WITHOUT EGGS)
- ½ cup milk, regular or dairy free
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 2 slices thick white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegan alternative, for grilling
- ½ cup sliced strawberries, for serving
- 1/2 cup blueberries, for serving
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Powdered sugar, optional
1) In a medium bowl combine the milk, cornstarch, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk until everything is combined and the cornstarch is dissolved.
2) Heat a large, nonstick pan over medium heat.
3) Place one slice of bread into the milk mixture long enough to soak the side then flip the bread and allow it to soak for an additional 3 seconds.
4) Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the pan and place 2 slices of bread into the center of the pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
5) Using a spatula, flip the french toast pieces and brown the other side for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining bread slice and butter.
6) Once cooked, top it with slices of strawberries, syrup, and powdered sugar, if using.