Vegetable CAKE IN THE OVEN
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE:
1 cup of cooking cream (milk cream)
1 red pepper
1 cup peas
1 cup green beans
Salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE THE VEGETABLE CAKE IN THE OVEN:
- To cook the peas and green beans, fill a pot with water and a pinch of salt. When the water is boiling, add both ingredients and cook for 10 minutes. Then drain the water and put them aside.
- Meanwhile, put a splash of oil to heat over low heat. First, add the carrot cut into cubes. Put a pinch of salt and let it cook for 5 minutes while stirring with a wooden spoon. Carrots are hard and take longer to cook so start with them first.
- Then add the onion and the red pepper. Season and cook for about ten more minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Once all this is done, put the eggs in a bowl. Add some salt and pepper to it and whisk. Then add the cream to cook and mix with the eggs. Once this is done, add all the vegetables (which should have cooled down a little by now) so that they do not curdle the egg and mix again.
- Put this mixture in a pan (a cake pan will work). If it is silicone that’s even better. If it is metal, do not forget to smear it with oil so that it does not stick later.
- Finally put it in an oven preheated to 350ºF. Let it cook for about 45 minutes until you can put a knife and it comes out clean.