SKORDALIA (MASHED POTATO)
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 cup mashed potatoes, room temperature
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
1) Toast walnuts in a dry small skillet over medium heat, tossing, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Let cool; finely chop.
2) Mix mashed potatoes, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, 3 Tbsp. oil, and 2 Tbsp. warm water in a medium bowl; season with salt.
3) Drizzle the skordalia with oil and top with chives and toasted walnuts.
4) Optional: Serve with pita chips and cucumbers.