ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON
- 2 lb. asparagus, preferably thin spears (about 2 bunches)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 to 3 tsp. fresh lemon juice; more as needed
1) Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 450°F.
2) Snap off and discard the fibrous bottom ends of the asparagus spears. Put the asparagus on a large, rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil.
3) Gently toss the asparagus with the oil until it’s evenly coated. Distribute the asparagus so that it’s in an even layer. Sprinkle generously with salt and roast until tender (bite into a spear to check), 10 to 15 minutes.
4) Transfer the asparagus to a platter, toss with lemon juice and salt to taste, and serve.