POTATO TORTILLA STUFFED WITH CHEESE AND HAM
INGREDIENTS FOR 3 PEOPLE:
3 medium potatoes
4 slices of ham
8 slices of cheese
HOW TO MAKE POTATO TORTILLA STUFFED WITH CHEESE AND HAM:
1. In a frying pan over medium heat, add a good amount of oil. Then add the peeled and chopped potatoes, and the onion cut into larger pieces. Add a pinch of salt and cook everything, while frequently stirring with a wooden spoon, for about 10 minutes.
2. Then crush the potato with a spoon. They'll be squishy already, so it shouldn't be hard to do. Let it cook for five more minutes while frequently breaking it up, until you have obtained a kind of excellent mashed potato.
3. Put the eggs in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and beat well. Then add the potato and onion puree and mix until well combined.
4. Put a small splash of olive oil in a smaller and deeper frying pan, over relatively moderate heat. On top place approximately 1/3 of the potato and egg mixture. With a spoon, spread it over the entire surface of the pan and on top, place four slices of cheese, four slices of ham and finally four more slices of cheese. If you want you can add the same amount of cheese as ham. Or more meat than cheese as per your liking. On top, place the rest of the potato and egg, and with the spoon, cover the surface. Cook over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
5. With the help of a plate, turn the omelet over and put the other side into the pan. As soon as you do it, pass the wooden spoon over the edges of the tortilla, in such a way that you "collect" it a little bit with it. In this way, you will achieve a rounder and more attractive shape. Cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Finally, remove it from the pan with the help of the plate. It's ready!