GAZPACHO (SPANISH TOMATO SOUP)
- 1/2 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 28 ounces of canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber (diced)
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin oil
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1 red pepper (diced, without seeds)
- Ice cubes (optional)
1. Chop the garlic and onion.
2. Dice the cucumber and the pepper, reserve a teaspoon of each to add texture later.
3. In a large bowl put the canned tomatoes, garlic, onion, cucumber and pepper, then with a stick blender (or on a food processor), process the ingredients until combined.
4. Add salt, vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil and blend all of the ingredients again until the oil is incorporated.
5. Pour the reserved pepper and cucumber to add texture. Let it sit in the fridge for several hours before eating it.