FRIED BREAD WITH HERBS AND RICOTTA
- 6 oz. fresh ricotta
- 6 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves with tender stems
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 (1"-thick) slices sourdough bread
1) Mix ricotta and 2 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl, then season with salt and pepper.
2) Toss tomatoes, shallot, garlic, basil, parsley, and vinegar in a medium bowl; season with salt.
3) Heat 4 Tbsp. of oil in a skillet large enough to fit bread in a single layer over medium. Fry bread until deep golden brown on one side, about 4 minutes.
4) Transfer to a cutting board, sprinkle the fried side with salt, and cut into 1 1/2" pieces. Toss into tomato mixture.
5) Spread ricotta mixture over plates and top with salad; drizzle with more oil.