EMPANADAS- LATIN DISH
- store-bought pastry dough
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- oil for frying
INSTRUCTIONS1) If your store-bought pastry dough is rectangular, then with the help of an empty glass or a cookie cutter give it a round shape.
2) For the filling, on a pan put 2 tablespoons of oil and once that it is sizzling add the ground beef. Once the beef starts taking color, add the jalapeño, salt, onion, and tomato paste.
3) Cook the beef entirely, let it cool.
4) Pour the beef mix into each “dough shell” with the help of a teaspoon, don’t overcrowd them or it will spill.
5) Put them in a medium heat for about 25 to 40 minutes or until they get a golden color. Once that they’re ready, serve them warm on a board.