-3-5 nori sheets (cut in half)
For the filling:-Avocado cut into strips
1) The first thing you need to do is cook the sushi rice. Rinse the rice in cold water and then drain it. Put that water and the rice on a cold pan and bring it to boil. Lower the heat so it gets a gentle simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
2) Remove it from the heat, then cover and leave it to rest for 15 minutes.
3) Pour the rice on a big plate, then pour in the vinegar and mix until combined (for every 1.5 cups of uncooked rice, about 1/4 cup of the rice vinegar is ideal).
4) To make the sushi, lay a bamboo mat with the struts parallel to the edge of your working area. Place a sheet of the seaweed on top with its long side in line with the struts.
5) Scoop a little rice into the nori sheet, spread it with your fingers so it gets a half centimeter thick. Don’t over fill the sheet because it will spill out of the sushi roll afterwards.
6) Put the filling (salmon, avocado, cucumber or anything that you want) in line along the edge of the rice closest to you. To roll it and close it follow the instructions on your mat.
7) With a very sharp knife cut it into pieces right before service, serve it on the board and you can serve it alongside soy sauce!