CLASSIC BROWNIES WITH NUTS
-1/2 cup unsalted butter
-1 Tbsp cooking oil
-2/3 cup granulated sugar
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-2 large eggs
-2 tsp pure vanilla extract
-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-1/4 tsp salt
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 6 inch square baking pan with non-stick baking spray. Line with a 6”x10” parchment paper and spray again. Set aside.
2) In a saucepan (or microwave) heat the butter until completely melted. Combine hot melted butter, oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk well for about one minute. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until lighter in color, about one minute.
3) Gently fold in the flour, cocoa powder and salt into the wet ingredients until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top out evenly.
4) As an optional step, you can top with nuts.
5) Bake for 40 - 45 minutes until the center of the brownies in the pan no longer jiggles. If testing with a toothpick, the toothpick should come out fudgy for chewy fudge-textured brownies.
6) Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Remove by lifting with the parchment paper that is hanging over the edges of the pan. Slice into 4 - 6 brownies. After that, place the slices on your board.