- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa (sifted)
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, for cooking (or oil spray)
1) In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and pinch of salt. The salt will bring out the chocolate flavour in the cocoa powder.
2) Gradually whisk in the eggs and the milk. Stir in the maple syrup.
3) Mix until a thick, smooth batter forms.
4) Heat a frying pan over medium heat and brush with melted butter.
5) Cook ¼ cup measures of this mixture in the pan. When bubbles form on the top, flip over to cook the other side.
6) Keep in a warm place while you cook the rest of the batter. This recipe makes 16 pancakes.
7) Serve with whipped cream or chocolate sauce.