CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH OLIVE OIL
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
-3/4 cup of light brown sugar
-1/4 cup granulated white sugar
-2 eggs (room temperature)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup chocolate chips
1) In a large bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and set aside.
2) In a mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer (with the paddle attachment) mix the olive oil, brown sugar and sugar until you get a smooth consistency. Then add the eggs and the vanilla until combined.
3) To the previous mixture add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed (if you are using a stand mixer) until everything is almost incorporated. Then add the chocolate chips and fold with a spatula.
4) Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel and let it rest for 2 hours or overnight.
5) Preheat the oven at 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6) Scoop the dough into balls and arrange them on the baking sheet, leave at least 2 inches of space between the cookies. At this point, you can also freeze the cookie dough balls up to 1 month if desired.
7) Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until you get golden brown edges. If you are baking them frozen, cook for 2 extra minutes. Then let them cool for 15 minutes and after that transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely