- 1 ½ cup + 2 tablespoons (200 grams) all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup + 1 tablespoon (75 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 4 teaspoons (16 grams) baking powder
- 1 ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons (450 ml) soy milk or dairy milk
- 2½ tablespoons (35 grams) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar for dusting
1) Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C (320 degrees F).
2) In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
4) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
5) Pour the batter into a greased and floured 22 cm (8 inch) pan.
6) Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7) Cool the moist chocolate cake on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar before serving.