BUÑUELOS DE CALABAZA (PUMPKIN BALLS)
- 2 cups of pumpkin puree (it can be canned)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- A dash of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- Oil to fry
1)Mix all the ingredients together (except the oil) until combined. You can use a food processor or a fork for this step.
2) Put the oil in a pan at medium heat. Once the oil is heated, pour “balls” of batter into the oil with the help of a spoon. Cook them until they get a golden brown color.
3) After you fry them, let them sit on a clean kitchen towel or paper towel to remove the excess oil and if you want to you can pour some icing sugar on top. Then serve them warm on a board or a large plate.