BREAD WITH OLIVE OIL AND CHOCOLATE
- 6 oz dark chocolate, 60% cocoa
- 6 slices 1 lb white country-style loaf
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
1) Preheat the oven or broiler to 325°F.
2) Grate the chocolate onto a plate. Place the bread on a baking sheet or heatproof plate. Toast under the broiler until golden on both sides.
3) Spoon the grated chocolate over the warm toast so it will melt a little bit, and cover it completely.
4) Pour the olive oil over the chocolate and sprinkle with the sea salt flake to enhance the flavors.
5) You can cut it into pieces and serve it on the board, or you can serve the entire loaf and cut it in front of your guests.