BANANA BREAD WITH DULCE DE LECHE
- 4 mashed very ripe medium-sized bananas
- ¼ cup plain yogurt (or vanilla yogurt and don’t put vanilla extract)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 7 ounce of dulce de leche
1) Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Spray a 5x8 loaf pan with cooking spray or grease with oil.
2) Peel bananas and place them in a large mixing bowl. Mash the bananas until they reach a fairly smooth consistency.
3) Add both sugars and the oil and whisk well to combine. Whisk in the eggs until well combined followed by the yogurt and vanilla.
4) Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the top and stir until combined. Add the flour and stir just until all the flour is incorporated.
5) Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and place on a sheet pan. After that grab the dulce de leche and pour some spoons of it on top of the batter, as it bakes some of it will fall to the bottom but don’t worry!
6) Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean and without batter. You can also use an instant thermometer to determine if the bread is done. The temperature of the finished bread should be 200-205˚F.
7) Once that it cooled, place it on a large plate and you can serve it alongside with a little bit of dulce de leche in a small bowl.